Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 20 - Milestone


Ah back to the grind. Not a lot to say. This suggestion was very similar to an old suggestion, but I decided to stick with it. It's just a crappy sing-rap verse and a prayer you will likely recognize. I tried to write an original chorus but that kept popping into my head and it fit the verse somewhat so I embraced my laziness. Hey, at least I did something. Actually the hardest part of all this was finding chords that struck me. It just wasn't happening for me today.

suggestion: consciousness
start - 1:20
end - 1:59
39 minutes
What I Learned: I have something in common with Biggie, Snoop Dogg and Metallica. We've all used "Now I lay me down to sleep" in songs.


G Am Em C
Keep seeing this dream
For the life of me, I don’t know what it means
But it seems, that scenes I haven’t seen
Are stuck with me and they’re never gonna leave
Would you please, please believe
These memories on my chest won’t ever let me breathe
Can’t scream, nothing comes out no one comes for me
So I plead, should I cease, for quiet peace
When I die, at least a little rest
To those souls who’s soul my soul just left.

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray the Lord my soul to keep,

If I shall die before I wake,

I pray the Lord my soul to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment