Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 10 - In My Basement


Taking the weekend off is probably a bad idea as it was much harder to sit down and start today. But once I finally got going it was fairly easy writing. Probably spent twenty minutes wording and rewording the final lines, and I'm still not satisfied but it works somewhat so I'll leave it for now and rewrite later if I do anything with the song.*

*Fixed it. I like this much better. I'll leave the old lines at the very bottom next to their own asterisk so you can agree that the difference is better!

Suggestion: Basement
3:01 start
3:46 end
45 minutes to finish
What I learned: Actually nothing. Except maybe that there are days when my brain doesn't work that well because I had to look up rhyming words for "here".


Am Em F C -- Capo 5

In my basement are some secrets best kept secret
But if you’re good at keeping secrets you can keep them
Cuz I don’t want them, I don’t need them, I’ve been meaning
To up and leave them, once I see they’re finally sleeping
I’ll say

I’m gone, I’m on my way
Different me, different day
Shed this life, I’ll be OK
Take me away


In my closet are some bones that won’t stop knocking
Can’t keep them buried, they always break the locks in
And I hate them, want to take them and make them disappear.
Once I’ve escaped them, and the coast is finally clear
I’ll say

I’m gone, I’m on my way
Different me, different day
Shed this life, I’ll be OK
Take me away


*And I hate them, want to take them and finally make them
disappear. I’ll have a beer, once I’ve escaped them,
(The old lines, and Ewww if I don't say so myself. What an awful rhyme scheme!)

No comments:

Post a Comment