Sunday, August 7, 2011

At You



This is more like it. Cheesy love songs were what I expected to see the most of from this experiment, not songs I can actually perform in public like the last two. Although this is a tad sappy for my taste and not my best writing, there's something I really like about it. What I like is actually in the melody so sorry I still can't share that part with you. Soon, when I care to stumble through several FAQs about blogspot.

Suggestion: Dual
Time started: 5:23; Time finished: 5:58; Time to completion: 35 minutes
What I Learned: Sam Cooke sang "What a Wonderful World". Before this, I knew some guy sang a song about "not knowing much about history". After I'd written the first few lines, I realized I was ripping off, excuse me, paying homage to, his song. Also, I learned a bit about dualism, which is where I got the first line about Yin and Yang. Oh yeah, and a song can be however short I need it to be to move on to something else.

G D Am C - Capo 4
Don’t know much about yin and yang
Don’t know much about cars or planes
All I know’s the way I feel today
When you look at me that way

If I wrote the things I know nothing about
I’d fill at least a thousand books,
But if I want to know, what keeps me hanging on
There’s only one place to look,
at you.

Don’t know much about the moon or the sun
Don’t know much about Frost or Donne
All I know’s my world’s with you
That’s the kind of thing, I got no need to prove

If I wrote the things I know nothing about
I’d fill at least a thousand books,
But if I want to know, what keeps me hanging on
There’s only one place to look,
at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment